Join Our Team
- Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org -
Retail Associate - Specialty Retail
Paper and Grace is a growing boutique stationery shop, known for unique products, exceptional customer service, and a beautiful shopping environment in Bozeman’s Historic Cannery District.
Stationery shops, once known for being stuffy, have experienced a renaissance in recent years. Our mission is to provide a welcoming and enjoyable shopping experience that provides customers the opportunity to discover products not commonly found. We love sharing our world with newcomers while maintaining the inventory to keep long-time stationery lovers intrigued.
We believe in learning the history of our vendors and the story behind the products we sell in order to share these stories with our customers so they may make informed decisions. Joining our retail sales team will provide an opportunity to learn about specialized stationery products from around the world and their ability to improve and enhance one’s quality of life.
Team members work closely with one another to ensure we provide an excellent and memorable experience for our customers while creating an inspirational and fun work environment. It is our goal to build a team that finds their work fulfilling and wants to grow with Paper and Grace.
This position is ideal for those who are naturally curious, value the quality of their work, appreciate the customer experience, and desire to improve day-to-day life.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional retail sales, merchandising & customer service in a boutique retail environment
- To adeptly learn the history, features, and benefits of the unique products & specialty brands we sell and use your ever-improving product knowledge to help educate and sell customers in a thoughtful, beneficial manner
- Create and maintain visually pleasing product displays
- To learn & proficiently use our QuickBooks Point-of-Sale system for efficient & accurate cashiering
- Assist with inventory handling, pricing, storage, and restocking
- Assist with all store functions and day-to-day activities as directed by the manager
- Perform store opening and/or closing activities & processes, when needed
- Participate in ongoing discussions and ideas to better Paper and Grace, both in-store and online
- Performing other duties or tasks as needed
Full-time & Part-time openings available. Schedule will include Saturday shift.
Work shift hours may start as early as 9:30 AM-6:00 PM (opening) or as late as 10:30 AM-6:30 PM (closing), with a 1/2 hour lunch.
Work Location: Paper and Grace - Historic Cannery District
117 East Oak 1B
Bozeman, MT 59715
Performance Traits Needed To Excel:
- Provide exceptionally engaging and knowledgeable customer service & sales
- Maintain a clean, organized, and stocked storefront, stockroom, and work environment
- To complete all tasks and duties in a safe, timely, accurate, and complete manner
- To be responsive, adaptable, reliable, and punctual
- To maintain a positive attitude while performing with excellence in a customer-focused environment
- To be a valued and respectful member of the team
- To quickly learn & satisfactorily complete duties/tasks as taught, directed, and previously performed while on the job
- To effectively coordinate and communicate with other team members, vendors, and customers in a proactive, professional & productive manner
- To adhere to our dress code and maintain a professional personal appearance
- To learn and follow Paper and Grace policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines
- To successfully troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day issues that might arise
- To be a productive self-starter, whether working independently or as part of the team
- Able to receive, clarify and react productively to ongoing training, feedback, and performance-improving critiques
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent, required
- Prefer candidates with 2+ years of college
- 2+ years of retail sales, cashiering & customer service experience, preferably in a similar industry or specialty/boutique retail store environment as Paper and Grace
- Able to proficiently use a Windows PC and Microsoft Office Apps including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register, and ability to process register transactions
- Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance (full-time staff)
- Employee discount
- Paid time off